Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cafe 2000

Yeeha! I feel inspired all of a sudden. I want to:

jog every morning
learn the positions of at least 100 countries on the map
draw flowers and people all day long
learn photoshop for real
make my own dress
master the medicinal properties of herbs and plants
read like crazy
rip pimples off my face

Okay, one at a time. Right now, all I want to do is blog about my exciting Thursday affair in Balmain.

Stella and I alighted at least half a kilometers from Balmain, darling street, just to visit this petshop which we found out to have positively no animals in it. So we left, and walked to Balmain. Good exercise la. Good views too.

Upon reaching, we immediately scouted for food. We walked up and down darling street once through before settling for Italian at Cafe 2000. Very Italian cafe. Chef is Italian, waiter and waitress is Italian, pastry is Italian too. Bon appetito!

Spaghetti Vongole, my choice, was done to perfection. Spaghetti just cooked, vongole fresh, olive oil and chilli flakes not too over-powering, just to my taste. I turn to the waiter to give my compliments, then the chef shouted out: "They didn't cook it. I did!" There you go, Italians.

Stella's roasted quail with grilled vege. Absolutely delish. Quail is not dry, vege is awesomely flavoured.

Dessert part. Italian cake. I can't remember the name but I tell you, this is good. Full of nuts and wholesome sweetness.

Another Italian cake which name I also conveniently forgotten. Thick crusted and dry. Some syrup to go with it would be welcomed. But I like the texture. Rustic.

Latte and mocha for me and Stella. Stella don't really like Italian roast. She thinks they are over-roasted. I can't tell the difference really. haha.


The Italian waiter tells us, "The Italians taught the French how to eat." Which meant that, the Italians are really the best chefs in the world, not the Frenchies. Then he said, "But the Italians are stupid. They let the French take their food." Owells. That is abit of history for you. But you know, I don't really care where the food came from as long as my taste buds likes it. :D

End.

No comments: