Thursday, August 12, 2010

Plan B by Becasse

During the last week of my stay in Sydney, I ate like a mad women on revenge.

Plan B was on my "must-go-and-eat" list for the longest time, ever since I saw it on Ja's blog. What's more, it's the cheapest wagyu burger in town, $10.

I went with Elise at around 4 in the evening, the last customers to arrive in this unassuming, hole-in-the-wall cafe, right next to Bécasse itself. We sat at the alfresco tables- purposely- to enjoy the cold, winter wind whipping down Clarence street. It's not too bad really.. once you have realised it is the last winter you will have in years to come..

I had my usual café latte. A decent one from Single Origin.

The famous Becasse wagyu beef burger $10. 600-day grass fed wagyu beef burger with beetroot and caramelised onions.

I liked it. I like the char-grilled-ness of the thick beef patty, the self-pickled beetroot and the partially melted vintage cheddar. I just wished I could stuff the entire stack of brioche- beef patty- brioche into my mouth and chew, so that I could enjoy the squirt of beef juices from the succulent coarse beef patty, lightly toasted buttery brioche bun and sweet-sourness of the pickled beetroot all at once. However by doing so, I would have to dislocate my lower jaw which I rather not. In any case, I'm glad I went, for now I know the difference between a Macdonalds' burger and a gourmet, 600-day grass fed wagyu burger- a AUD $5.00 difference...

I'm joking..

I miss Sydney.


Plan B by Bécasse
204 Clarence Street, Sydney

Tel: +61 (02) 92833440

Open Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
Kitchen opens 12pm

End.

1 comment:

Simon Leong said...

glad you got to try it. it's a very yummy burger indeed but i wish they sold hot chips as well with it :-)