Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Hokkaido.

Welcome! I have decided that my first entry shall be opened by something meaningful. Hence my virgin entry shall chronicle my very enjoyable trip in Hokkaido. Yorushiku onagaishimasu!
This trip is first and foremost a end-of-year bonus company holiday trip but it's also a family trip. So, yeah. We're a big group. 12 people: My mum and I, my brother and his friend (Jian Ming), my cousins (Fong Choo and Fong Mei), my mum's client's wife and his daughter (Moon and Rachael), the store manager and her husband (Kym and Mr. Wu), the designer and sales person (Gene and Mei). It's a little bit troublesome when it comes to food but overall the company was good.


Day 1

Arrival at Narita Airport (Tokyo) where they used to call foreigners like us "alien" (literally) in the past. "Alien" my foot.
That's my mum and I after 7 hours. My brother and Jian Ming. (They are classmates and they're very close. i'm joking. my brother has a dismal love record although his is very straight.)

Welcome to Japan!



And then we have a connecting flight to Hokkaido via the domestic airport. So that means we have lots of time to eat..And eat.. (that's omu riceball)
And eat..And eat. (and that's from the bento shop)



After the hazardous turbulent 1 hour plus flight, we touched down at Chitose Airport. You won't believe how relieved i was. haha. I thought that was the end of squishing your butt on a economical seat. Then there was the coach ride to the hotel. Therefore that was another 20 minutes before the actual end of squishing your butt on a economical seat.


My tour group of a total of 27 proceeded for dinner (in the hotel) "thereafter check in to Hotel Nikko Chitose for a well deserved rest".


Chitose, Hokkaido

Hotel Nikko Chitose. Emanciation from the too small for your butt seat.


We're having chinese for dinner. The tour agency should be jailed for serving us chinese when we're in Japan. It's just wrong.

Tomato juice and lots of it. But we didnt drink any despite all the health benefits it stated and the beautiful packaging. I think it's because of the opportunity cost of the tomato juice. It's just not worth it.


Beautiful candle holders made of pure ice.


We took a detour from the convenience store and saw this. A vintage beetle. Or a vintage beetle-look-alike. Wow. i mean how many of this can you find on the road.

The convenience store here in Japan is an equivalent of a mini cold storage back in singapore. Just look at the variety.


We tracked back fighting the heavy snow, the biting wind and the treacherous ice bars on the road and we made it to the hotel front door. (i exaggerate but it's really not easy to walk in winter okay.)


With lights so bright, so pointy-looking that it could kill.


Our tiny room.



The yukata.


Yukata rocks because it gives you a waist and covers excess baggage.


Goodnight people. (manic expression before sleep is good as a facial exercise)


End



No comments: