Thursday, July 19, 2012

Timeline

It has been a little more than 2 years now since a certain patisserie on a hill was established. What a ride it was, like a roller-coaster built on slippery sand dune, never a comfortable moment. Still, looking back, even though it might seem really really tough at times, I must say it was all worth it. And what made it worth the tears and sweat I poured into it was the people; the kind generous people I have met, and with whom special connections have been built that allowed this kind of shitty journey to be somewhat bearable.

  Hence, I made a timeline with the people I meet as landmarks to chronicle my time there.

July 2010- My life as an Admin/ Sales/ Delivery person aka. The Scratch Months.

Met the first batch of sales people: namely Danny, Amelie &
Charlene!
April 2011- I entered the kitchen at last.. only to find it somewhat different from what I remembered. 
aka. The Anger Months.
Ooh.. there was so much tension and underlying anger in the kitchen.. which inadvertently led to that platonic shifts in October. This period was baaad.. 

The kitchen crew: AJ, Weiloon and Yiwei.
Angry Birds!
June-July 2011- Takashimaya happened.
In came new sales staff: Amy and Kerwin.
An-pan Man smiles.
October 2011- Le Platonic Shift. The steaming volcano has finally erupted. AJ and Weiloon resigned. For the first time, my heart broke for someone who is not blood family. Somehow during the past two years, they had became my second family. When news came that they will be leaving me, my heart really broke. Then which I realised I have to learn to let go of the Team Glace that I was so desperately clinging to. 

The last photo shot of the Team Glace I knew on AJ's last day.
During the month of November and December were the craziest. We worked hard and played twice as hard. After their resignation, the tension kind of dissipated, and all that was left was our unanimous decision to make as much as what's left of our time together as we could. Hence we kind of trolled each other almost every other day. With whatever our kitchen can produce...
Beautiful marron pies!
January 2012- Post AJ and Weiloon. I head the kitchen now, with a brand new team. My trusted right-hand (who is a left paw in actuality) Edina. The best partner you can get. She is patient as I am impatient, relaxed as I am uptight, my natural compliment. Am I ever so lucky to find her. And I thank the gods for that.
Le atypical-working-Singaporean Melissa.
Strawberry Souffle
Cacao Royal
The falling-apart-mixing top was finally disposed off. Edina tried to finish it off by sitting on it (which didn't work ofcourse)
Amy resigned in April 2012.
Sharon, our admin., resigned in June 2012.
Belinda (bel-bel) and Naz (machip) joined the kitchen in May 2012.
Sharon's (ronnie) farewell.
 June 2012- Team Flor goes for blood donation!
Successful donors!
Sharon's last day spent in the kitchen playing chef.
July 2012- To be continued...
 
End.


No comments: