Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Minny's 20th Birthday Cake

Fruity chocolate cake

I was tasked to make a chocolate cake. But I didn't want to make a chocolate cake. I was feeling very fruity that day. I dreamed of orange trees, strawberry shrubs and raspberry filled bowls. Then there was chocolate.

Thus, a weird cross breed was born.

Imagine this:
The first and the bottommost layer is a cookie, almond cookie to be exact. Followed by a layer of creme chantilly and quartered macerated strawberries.

Third layer a chocolate genoise. I did the genoise well this time, wheew! Brushed some lemon-infused sugar syrup onto it. Then another layer of creme chantilly.

Fifth and uppermost layer the other half of the chocolate genoise, soaked as well. And decorated with creme chantilly, strawberries and raspberries.

It was very fruity after all. haha, my appologies minny. Happy Birthday!
End.

No comments: