Thursday, December 31, 2009

Itacho Sushi

A Japanese sushi chain that serves good affordable sushi- Itacho.

I was first attracted to this restaurant by its long queue. Okay, I admit I'm abit kiasu in this manner, but hey, this is how you discover good food. Thus, I joined the queue, not mindlessly inferring that where long queue is, is where good food is. I read the menu, it seems pretty focused and attractive. So why not?

By the time this post goes online, I have already been to Itacho thrice. The seafood is definitely fresh, better than Sushi Tei fresh. They offer live shrimps and clams, and for the price, it is worth it, trust me. Nevermind their messy order forms system. You want to eat their stuff, you better learn their ways. Besides, after my second time there, ordering became second nature. Do note, sushi comes per piece, not in the usual pairs.


Whole anago sushi, must try! Anago is the salt-water version of Unagi (river-eel). Its flesh, in my opinion, is much finer than Unagi, less oily too.

From left: Grilled pork sushi, Soy sauce salmon sushi, and grilled salmon belly sushi (must try!) The grilled salmon sushi, when eaten warm, literally melts in your mouth.

From left: Grilled Otoro sushi (wrong choice. never never cook otoro, you will loose that melt-in-your mouth fattyness) and scallop (hotate) sushi (must try! it's so sweet!).

I'll definitely go back for a fourth, fifth, sixth time. You'd get what I mean. :)

Singapore, Singapore, 238801
(65) 6509 8911
Mon - Thurs:
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat:
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sun:
11:00 am - 10:00 pm

No comments: