Friday, March 20, 2009

My Valentine

Oh my, oh my, I am so lagging in posts. Many things have happened, events passed, and I have yet to properly chronicle them in thee blog. Sighhh.... I was busy.

So I will pick up from where I left off. My first Valentine date with the Y-chromosome carriers. And I got flowers! (the guys were forced into it, haha. we, the girls, didn't want to look bad without the flowers.)


Sam booked a table for us at his restaurant where he recently was promoted to the head chef. And that's edo, stella and I. It was raining and freezing cold! Brrrr, Sydney experienced a freakish temperature drop, 40 to 11 degrees Celsius. Not in the picture: Ja, Cynthia and Denny.
The bar, salsa dancing area. Cynthia tried to teach me to dance salsa. Can't say I'm a natural dancer, but, hey! I did wriggle my butt as sexily as I could.

First course: tomato garlic bread with smoked salmon wrapped cream cheese. Nice!
Mojito. A good one.


Second course: Tuna cake. hmm, forgetable. Taste was alright, and it was a tad on the dry side.

Third course: baked scallops. This is wayy too dry. Blah.

Fourth course: chilli mushroom. I like this! Fresh mushrooms baked in tomato and chilli sauce with a layer of cheese on it. Yumm!

Fifth course: baked ganache with vanilla ice-cream. The menu reads baked ganache but it is actually a chocolate pudding. The taste and texture is similar to the chocolate tart filling we did in school, which was fantastic. Needless to say, we all liked it, which is something because all six of us are pastry students.

Bleeeehhhh. I'm eating and you're not!

End.

No comments: