Thursday, May 7, 2009

White Chocolate Cake


3rd May was my mother's birthday. And she's not even in Singapore. The only time that I can be with her in Singapore to celebrate her birthday in probably the next three years, she chooses to spend it with her on-off boyfriend in KL. Not cool.

Anyway, I made a cake for her like I promised last year. A snow-white white chocolate cake.

I used organic white chocolate. Grate it into fine crumbs and mix it in with a genoise mixture. After the cake is baked and cooled, I sandwiched and covered the whole cake with creme chantilly for the snow-white look that everybody seems to like so much. Little black bombs in the form of blackberries are dropped randomly onto the surface to give a strong contrast. Finished by dubious mint leaves (from the garden) "growing" out of the berries.

The cake was gobbled up pretty quickly.

End.

No comments: