Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sugar hitz @ Four Season Hotel

What originally was an dessert overkill became a simple trip that ended in moderate sweetness.

Ja said: "Heidi! I send you the link. You read then tell me where you want to go?" Well, practically everywhere. As part of the Good Food Month as well, Sugar Hitz is a promotion aimed at the dessert-loving bunch. For 20 dollars, you can have a dessert and a wine or cognac at any of the participating hotels after 9pm. Hence the original plan was to skip dinner and go straight into dessert-tasting at as many hotels as possible in one night. Luckily, we came to our senses, and opted for healthier one dinner one dessert course.

Kimmy, Ja, Stella and I went to Makoto (my favourtie!), sushi train restaurant, for dinner. Then had 45 minutes to spend before the appointed time. So this is what we did, we take pictures of ourselves. The setting for our photo shoot was this empty, dimly lit area, which was quite romantic. haha.

I like this shot! The entire ensemble feels so classic!

If I had a magazine photo shoot for Midnight Seduction, I will definitely choose this place, haha.

Come on! Give me a sexier pout!

At last! 9pm arrived. We strolled back to Four Seasons hotel.

Deconstructed sachertorte by Four Seasons. The sacher itself is nothing great, light and dry, but with the addition of chocolate ganache and chocolate cream, the sacher taste so much better. The silky smoothness of the cream and ganache compliments the sacher very well. There is also ample chocolatey flavour in the cream, therefore there is no oversweetness. (at least, not for me.) Any extra sweetness that is not welcomed is swept away by the tartness of the apricot jelly. Nice!

End.

No comments: