Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home with Chef, Nara, Japan- I

Hi guys, so sorry for not updating. I have been busy. Well, that is part truth. More accurately, I have been lazy, enjoying myself so much that blogging just took a back seat.

Recently, about 10 days ago on the 12th of April, 2010, I went with my Chef on a 9 day trip back to his hometown in Nara, Japan. I shall talk less here and let the pictures do the story-telling.

Departure on Cathay Pacific.
Pretty air hostesses.
Check-in. Chef Yamashita and wife.
My ex-colleagues who are also my future colleagues: Weiloon and Ah Jie.

This is my chef.
This is also my chef...
My annoying, obnoxious and extremely lovable brother.
Ami-chan and I.
On our way to hotel near kix airport. Day 1 of traveling is over.
Day 2 morning. After a crappy breakfast at the hotel, we took a walk near the hotel. And we welcomed by the last bits of the sakura season.
Cherry blossoms only last for about a week. That's why it is considered lucky in Japan to be able to see the cherry blossoms.
The four petal cherry blossom is Japan's national flower, Some Yoshino.
A hair salon.
Made our way back to Kix airport to retrieve our rental car.
Dandelion, we saw many many during the trip.

Next on the itinerary, pastry and baking exhibition by the suppliers. New ingredients, packaging, ribbons, equipment in the market. An eye-opening experience for me. Very interesting.
Okashimo san, chef's very good friend who owns a patisserie in Hiroshima, Japan. This is the shop's website: http://www.okashimo.com/.
Udon for lunch. Thank you for the meal!
With our rental car, we drove to Nara, to one of the larger shopping malls in Nara.
We went to taste chef's rival's cake. haha, but i got distracted by the aroma of freshly baked taiyaki.
Real crisp on the outside, and piping hot inside. yumm yumm.
Dinner at an interesting restaurant, menus pasted on the walls, rowdy loud calls from waitresses to the kitchen, drunk patrons, I like!
AJ threw up after dinner from one too many beers... hahaha.
End.

2 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

so envy u ! are the pictures from the ricoh? can u tell me which one?

Heidi said...

haha, thanks! Pictures taken with Canon DSLR. See you soon!