Sunday, April 20, 2008

My first meal in Sydney. 16.04.08

Arrival in Sydney at 0555. We were sleep-deprived thus very irritable. SIA changed the aircraft last minute to a 747 boeing due to some technical fault on the airbus. Bloody hell. We chose the night flight on purpose to get the airbus. Who likes night flight? And the pre-selected seats got messed up. One angmoh was like: Fucking airline! This airline sucks! haha. yeah, it sucks. Many angry people on the plane that night.

The taxi ride to our Habour Breeze Lodge at Drummoyne took about half an hour and 40 plus dollars (AUD). Taxi fare in Singapore seems so comparatively cheap now. At the lodge, we slept like pigs. Woke up in the afternoon to meet my classmates at Ryde, where my school-to-be is. And, I changed my course to patisserrie. (originally it was cuisine.) :D I still prefer patisserrie.


On the taxi.
Pretty chilly over here. Temperature averages at about 17 degrees celsius.

We got some lunch at a cafe near our place. Cappuccino, banana hazelnut bread and tandoori chicken wrap. My first meal in Sydney tastes great.

Aileen mama wrote me this beautiful poem. Read and comment! :D

You used to be just another girl in class
whom never meant that much to me,
you sat beside me while we slept through glueface and weird wiggies.
But slowly we became great friends,
our friendship made me glad.
I never thought you would become
the friend I never had.

I love having you as a friend,
you make my days brighter.
I'm happy with this friend I've found
who makes my burdens lighter.
Whenever I see you,
it makes me want to smile.
Without you, I don't know where I'd be
but you're still here, friends with me.

You're a beautiful person
with a good heart to lend,
and I want you to know,
you're a really special friend.
You deserve so much more than I can give,
my indecisiveness and tendency to whine
but without you Aileen would probably die.

So never stop being the real and wonderful you
cause greatness shine through in all that you do
and whenever it seems like I'm never there,
remember this: I love you and I'll always care!

Back then, I thought you would stay,
forever you'd be here always.
But now there isn't much time,
it's time for us to say goodbye.

I've got a lot to think about
the way we used to joke and laugh.
I never thought that you would ever
leave so soon.

But now, I know you can't stay
forever we'll be friends always.
But now isn't much time,
it's time to say goodbye.

And where the years take us,
no place is too far,
I will always think of you,
wherever you are.

-by Aileen.

Je suis heureuse. Merci!

End.

No comments: