Saturday, August 30, 2008

Do I make you want to eat piping hot waffles with maple, dolloped with fresh cream and berries, now?

I do realise that pictures are very powerful. I have known this fact for quite some time though it was only until now I have truly appreciated photography. I leafed through Anne Leibovitz's A Photographer's Life: 1990-2005 in the library today. For the first time in my life, I can feel pictures. I can hear the music behind whatever emotions the picture holds, imagine what the photographer is feeling while taking a shot. I even pretend I am there with her. Especially so with the unmoving landscape shots. Unlike the surface "ahh, this is pretty..." kind of appreciation, this, what I had felt today, is so much more powerful.

Let's put food into perspective. How do I capture the sweet aroma of fresh baking, crumb and texture of each bread and cake? How can I put so much taste into pictures that you can savour them? When you look at my pastries, how do I make you hungry enough to tag me and say: you have to freaking cook that for me the next time you return!

Well, I think it's either you take really good pictures or you cook very well.

Haha, you know I might change my mind and go into photography. But I know I am not depressive enough for this kind of thing. For now, I will stick to the superficial "ahh, this is pretty..." sort of pictures. :D

On a lighter note, French class is progressing smoothly. I am re-learning all the tu t'appelles comment?; un, deux, trois; and (most importantly) quelle est votre numéro de téléphone?. Which is all very well. In no time, I just might have my hot Frenchman. For the record, je suis célibataire. :)

No comments: