Friday, August 15, 2008

Plated Desserts

I am going to blog after all- I have just too much time. heehee.

I have decided not to work just yet. I will concentrate on gaining as much knowledge and skills as I can for now. Continuing with my French lessons is a sure thing since I have already signed up for it. I also plan to take up driving and martial arts. Hopefully Aikido. I am very interested in Aikido. haha. We'll see.

This week's lesson in on plated desserts. Souffle, baravois, raspberry mousse, panna cotta, self-saucing chocolate pudding, we made as mains. Creme anglaise, raspberry coulis, chocolate sauce and strawberry and pineapple mint salsa for garnish. Below are some of the desserts my chefs demonstrated.


I can seriously imagine beautiful, appetising, wow-ing desserts in my head. But when I translate it into real world, they look like this: -_-
And Chef Andre says: imagination is your limit. I do agree with him but you do need a certain amount of skill to execute your ideas, don't you.
End.

No comments: