Friday, August 15, 2008

Bowan Island Bakery

Bowan Island Bakery at Drummoyne is a seriously good organic cafe. I was blown away by their really simple yet delicious grubby food. Stella ordered a steak and curry pie with a side salad. As you can see, salad is well dressed and well varied with tofu, spinach, tomatoes, all my favourite foods. And very generous as well. And all organic.
I had the plainest outside breakfast ever and it is one of the best. Fresh organic tomatoes with basil on sourdough toasties. I think this is very Italian. Simple flavours rocks. But, Bowan Island Bakery is a quite steep in the pricing. $8.20 for a simple dish like mine. Dinner was a wonderful affair at Makoto with Cynthia. I miss sushi and I cannot, cannot tolerate bad sushi like I used to anymore. Ever since Japan has enlightened me. Makoto is perhaps the best sushi place in Sydney.

Thursday, I was feeling particularly dressy and vain. So I went all out to put on a dress and make-up and heels. Killer, cheapo heels I bought in Tokyo almost maimed my feet. haha. I survived and came back home to take lots and lots of self-shots! It was the spur of the moment kind of thing. So I took out my camera and it was non-stop in-front of the mirror until I had my fun. Oh, it was fun. And it was ultra vain.

End.

No comments: