Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Book Kitchen

I am on a food hunt. And I am loving every minute of it! Ofcourse, except for the payment part. Every time I see dollar bills part from me, I feel sad. But other than that, I am extremely fine. Sydney has some very good cafes. :D

On Ja's recommendation, we came to the book kitchen on Monday morning. (No school on Monday since it is Queen Victoria's Birthday.) I heard it is a pretty famous cafe in Sydney. It supposedly took the concept of putting up a library of cookbooks in the cafe from England and introduced it to Sydney. And apparently it became a hit with the locals and that is why there is even a queue on a rainy Monday. I've got a pretty high expectation of this cafe. It didn't disappoint me either. heehee. I bet you guys would want to visit this cafe after seeing the food. :D
The cafe. It has interior sitting and alfresco area. But I don't think you get to choose much since the queue is quite tight. It is either you take or you wait.
Cabinets of books. They are all cookbooks. They've even got more cookbooks than Singapore's national library. I don't see Jamie Oliver though.
We were famished! I woke up late in the morning and caused the delay in the meeting time. (Sorry!) Plus all the walking to find this cafe, queue time and waiting for the food time, my stomach just keeps wailing.
I found the organic cola brand! This time I had ginger beer. Taste great too. It even had ginger bits at the bottom. Ja and Stella had mocha (one skinny, one full cream), which look the same. Ja commented that the mocha had too much foam. Thick layered foam is reserved only for cappuccino.



You cannot imagine how hungry I was. I went straight for the kill and ordered a steak on rye topped with harissa beetroot accompanied with fries and onion rings. $19. Awesome.Stella's crabcake with pickles at the side. Taste good too.
I like this one. It is quite a popular item. Poached egg, avocado and ricotta cheese on sourdough with rocket salad. Ja's.
Seok had a Caesar salad with pickled mackeral and grilled pork belly. That is his orange juice.
A main course each is not enough for all of us. haha. We can eat alot! My chef keeps telling me I will get fat sooner or later. Not likely! heehee. Desssert next! We shared one these darlings below. Berries and white chocolate muffin.
A ricotta chocolate cake and a orange almond cake.

This is what I call a complete meal. :D oh, we went for creme brulee tart on the opposite street after. haha.

End.

2 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Stella and I had Mocha ^ ^

But about latte was from other table :P

Heidi said...

oh.. haha. okay. i'll change it. :D