Friday, June 27, 2008

Post Examinations Dinner.

Get on, over and done with examinations. (And I will be soon promoted to intermediate, without a doubt :D) So yeah, we do what people all around the world do after they finished their examinations, we party. :) And because we are a bunch of pastry students whose passion other than food is still food, we party with our digestive system. We eat. We eat and we eat, and there is no stopping to that. I weigh 57kg by the way. +_+

First stop for dinner, we had korean. It does seems that whenever we have a class dinner, we go for korean cuisine. Even I do korean at least once a week. The omnipresence of the Korean culture in Sydney huh. Anyway, we came to this cute little korean restaurant which made a point in hanging posters of Korean movies on every wall space. Point well made and taken. Well, we originally wanted to eat at the ever popular Korean restaurant Madang (this is our second attempt actually) but again, it was full-house. Next time, I am going do the super-kiasu Singaporean way and camp outside the restaurant overnight.

Guess what we had?? Jap Chae, sweet sour pork, grilled pork, bulgogi, fish roe soup, grilled chicken and all the usual starter dishes (kim chi, potato salad, pickled konbu, pickled bean spout). Not enough for 8 hungry people, even though 7 of us carry the xx gene.




Next stop to a dessert cafe: passionflower. This is really good. I would recommend to any ice-cream, pancake, waffle lovers.
Weapons of gastronomic destruction.
9 scoops of whatever you like with a chocolate sauce and raspberry sauce. We chose: hockey pockey, mango, taro, lychee with rose petals, jackfruit, passionfruit, green tea, sticky rice and vanilla. I hope I remembered them correctly. Too many flavours. I got confused even when I was eating them. haha.
This is one is absolute heaven both to the eyes and to the tongue palette. Orange and chocolate. $15. Fresh fluffy, crispy waffles piled with chocolate ice-cream and fresh sliced oranges and drizzled with chocolate sauce. Now, don't you want to just sink your teeth into one of them?
The masterpiece. Tiramisu, green tea mousse, pancake with fresh cream, chocolate crepe with strawberries and ice-cream bowl with sesame wrapped mochi all on one plate.
The fun part comes after all the photo-taking.
Within mere minutes, we completely broke down everything.
There is Seok helping me to take this (below) picture which is beyond any of my capabilities to capture .
Candid on polariod!
After which we took a walk down darling habour and came to the restaurant where Seok works: The Pie Cafe. And then, we drank. haha, I got so drunk (on Bacardi! which is really pathetic, haha) that I completely forgot to take any pictures and lost my self-control. I was so adrenaline charged that I was running and jumping around like nobody's business and I was also singing (in the public!) moulin rouge and such. That was embarrassing.

End.

1 comment:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

hehe....we had white chocolate instead of Hokey pokey na :P