Thursday, June 5, 2008

Salmon en croute, Beef bourguignon pie, Chicken Vol-au-vents

Ahh, finally, some personal time. I sent my brother to the airport this afternoon. HA! Emanciation from the ninny whinny brat. HE REFUSED TO HUG ME BEFORE HE ENTER THE BOARDING GATE. And I do not forgive him for that. You don't refuse a hug from family, even when you're angry. Anyway, I packed his airbed, vacuumed the house, washed the dishes after I came back from the airport. My room and toilet was filthy. I cannot endure dirt. Dirt belongs to the rubbish bin, not my room, not in the toilet. haha. Oh yes, this morning saw us (my brother, Stella and I) to Town Hall to meet with Seok for a late breakfast. (My brother wanted to meet him as he felt some "sameness" in Seok since they both like photography. -_-) Thank you Seok for treating us to breakfast even though it cost you a bomb! :D

Okay, ermm, these were from Tuesday's lesson. We did Beef Bourguignon Pie, Salmon En Croute and Chicken Vol au Vents with the puff pastries we prepared on Monday. It was really nice to have something savoury once in a while but I really miss sweet stuff now. Where're my cakes, creams and fruit tarts?!

From left: Salmon en croute (that basically means salmon on crust in french. Fish shape= salmon pie. Chef Karin's version of nemo, which is pretty far from the real thing but it too is cute), Beef bourguignon pie (lean beef cubes stewed in red wine for about 1 hour. A very french filling for a very Australian dish) and Chicken vol au vents (with the all-important parsleyyyy).


My vol au vents without the chicken because I ate them all! Nah...we didn't make it because of time constraint. :C

My version of beef pie. I call it dog food pie since the fillings so resembles what Vicky used to eat. (I miss Vicky!)
Ma salmon en croute. C'est pas bon. Don't know if i said it right. It taste good and all but it has too much puff pastry on it because of some silly mistake I did. Owell, shit happens.
After class, we had a lecture on the different kinds of fats you can use in baking, I didn't attend the full thing though because I had to go meet Roneel and Naomi for dinner. They were so nice! They invited us for dinner so that they could bring my brother for some Sydney sights. Actually the original plan was to meet early for the sights then go for dinner. (And I was supposed to skip the lecture.) But because my brother insisted on going for the lecture, so I pushed the meeting time back. Sorry for the inconvenience! We had a good time anyway. :D

After a very large dinner of 煮炒, we ran to circular quay to catch a ferry back to Roneel and Naomi's place. We ran on a very full stomach to miss the ferry in the end. Hallelujah. No worries, we can always catch the next one. So, yup. Ferry sights.

Sydney Opera House , nicely blurred.The theme park which is more suited as the setting for Ju-on 4. -_- I really don't see how people can actually design and build this scary face as the entrance of a theme park. -Luna park
In the end, we reached home at 10.15pm. Thank you Naomi and Roneel for the ride and the Japanese language materials! I was sooo tired. Morning- school, afternoon- lecture, evening- dinner, the next morning- school again (at 7.30am!). I need redbull.

End.

No comments: