Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Aroma festival

Yeeha! I'm back in Singapore! heehee, all went well. Flight was smooth, luggage was safe. One thing though, Singapore is frigging hot! The moment I enter the airport, I felt hot. Yes, even in an air-conditioned place I feel hot. urghhh... But it is much better now. I am getting used to the heat. :D (and when I am finally comfortable with tropical warmth, I have to return to the dead cold of winter in Sydney -_-)

This is from Sydney. Stella and I went to attend the Aroma Festival at The Rocks. The aroma festival is basically a showcase of coffee, tea, chocolates and spices. And wow, it was jam packed with people.


We each bought a Chai tea and a voodoo rocky marshmallow. My chocolate with honey comb.

Stella's cookies and cream.

Random.

As i said, there were tons of people. This was the queue we joined to buy one of the kransky sausage bun.

The red ones are kransky (peppered) while the white ones are bratwurst (sweet).

I finally got my hotdoggy bun! $6.50. Taste real good. They topped it with caramelised onions. And i topped it with mustard sauce, tomato sauce and barbecue sauce. Yumm. One stranger even came up to us and asked us where we bought them.

Market stall. Stella and i were happily shopping~

Giant cupcake. I bet it is the good to see, not too good to eat type.

This is better. Normal muffins nicely arranged and presented.

Randoms.

That evening, Sam and Hong came over to cook us dinner. Sam made fried salmon with this pickled apple sort of thing. I liked it! super sour!

Hong made chicken rice. haha. Typical Singaporean chicken rice with Malay influence. I don't know how he did that, but the chicken rice he made really taste like the one my maid in Singapore make.

Happy happy last supper before I left for Singapore. Sam was very naughty. He kept encouraging me to drink. heehee. I was trained on sake you know. :D

End.

No comments: