Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vienna almonds, chocolate nut clusters, pralines, coffee logs, truffles

I have a never-ending supply of chocolates in my pantry right now. I have chocolates way back from the last term when we are still basic students and chocolates from this week. It will take time to eat so much chocolates and some effort on my part too. You see, I have this love-hate thing with chocolates. I love to eat them but I hate to suffer the after effects. Chocolates give me sore-throats. Chocolates give me pimples. Chocolates give me extra insulation, which is fats basically. So now you know, chocolates love me and I absolutely love chocolates for loving me. -_- I really have to make the effort to eat the chocolate truffles I have at home now. Because unlike the previous chocolates where I can keep in a container, there is a truffle croquembouche sitting on the kitchen table right this moment. And there is a two week deadline to demolish it. Owells, life is good.

This week on chocolates. We had a three-day continual process of making the truffle croquembouche and some other side chocolates. Day 1: make 3 variety of ganache. Day 2: hand mould the ganache into 10g balls. Day 3: dipped the ganache in chocolates and assemble them into a croquembouche. The side chocolates that we made. Dipped pralines, chocolate almond clusters and coffee logs.
My first attempt at dipping chocolates and I think I did pretty okay though I did have a little accident with the chocolate which resulted in a seriously chocolate coated apron. It is my third time washing it now and I can still see chocolate on it.
I made lunch!
There. That is a truffle croquembouche. My proud accomplishment!
Looks good from all angles. heehee.
End.

No comments: