Monday, July 28, 2008

Quiche, mini pizza, pissaladiere, parmasen twist, mille feuille

At last, some quiet time to blog about my recent activities since returning to Sydney. From the moment I have entered the land of Aussies till now, I have been pretty kept up and about with a few things. First was unpacking. Took me two days to fully unpack all the extras I brought over from Singapore and to stow away my luggage. I now have two luggages (of 10kg and 20 kg capacity) nicely tucked away in a small corner of my room. Then I had to fix the term deposits and to claim the money that Qantas owes me for volunteering to delay my flight for one day. (I was reimbursed for 400USD! Hooray!) And finally Blue Mountains, the most recent event, which will be up on my next post.

First thing first, I missed my first day of Intermediate Patisserie where my classmates learn to make the reverse puff pastry. Normal puff pastry involves enveloping butter the dough. For reverse puff, we wrap the dough in butter. Sounds complicated uh? Yeah, I know. And now that I have missed the lesson, damn! Anyway, using the reverse puff pastry and pate brissee that my benchmates helped me prepare (thank you peeps!), we made a variety of petit fours the following day. From left to right, quiches, Parmesan twists, hazelnut pretzels, pissaladiere, mini pizzas and almond cresents, by Chef Karen. My new Tuesday chef. She's a pretty nice lady with a heavy English accent. ohh, I like.

Wednesday, my new Wednesday chef, Chef Andre demonstrated mille feuille using the reverse puff pastry again. Below is my version of it. It looks as good as his. :D
Thursday took Stella and I to this German restaurant at The Rocks. I forgot its name though, haha. They serve some amazing pork knuckle and a wide variety of beer. I had a beer cola cocktail. Between Stella and I, we shared half a pork knuckle, German sausages on mash and Goulash soup.



Last but not least, dessert. We went for the sister patisserie of the famous patiserrie in France. Stella's mango mousse.

My creme brulee. Taste just like the one our school makes.

Sydney has been fun.

End.

No comments: