Thursday, September 25, 2008

Le Fraisier, Raspberry mousse, Tiramisu, Sacher torte

The last intermediate patisserie.

Intermediate is coming to an end. Which means we all go up to the more difficult and interesting territory of Superior, playing with even more chocolate and sugar. It is exhilarating but to tell the truth, I am scared. The teachers whom I am already so familiar with are not going with us. I am not sure if there is going to be a friendly voice to spur you on, I am not sure if there is going to be witty humour to tickle you when you need it the most. But I am positive that everything is going to change. Big time.

Le Fraisier, translate to The Strawberry literally in French. It is a strawberry cake made with genoise sponge and mousseline cream. I don't like the fact that the top of the cake is traditionally covered in marzipan. Who likes marzipan? It is freaking almond meal and icing sugar with lots of preservatives. Eew. Strawberry cake is good though. -By Chef Micheal.

Raspberry mousse gateau. The long thin strip is a joconde layered with tuile mix, then we bake them together on a patterned mat, you'll get this beautiful design. Cool eh. That strip is used to line the tin, and the inside is filled with raspberry mousse and topped with a raspbery glace. Tadah! -by Chef Karen

Tiramisu. We made every part of the cake. Sponge fingers included. The school's recipe is very different from the one I had. It taste so much sweeter and has a much smoother texture. See the butterfly? I piped it! Pretty? -By me.

Sacher torte, an Austrian cake. To me, it is the ultimate chocolate cake. It is like eating real couverture with cake. The flavours blend so well that you don't really know if you are having chocolate or cake. Yeah, I like. -By me.
Tiramisu. -By Chef Andre.

A class shot with our favourite teacher, who is going on to be the Head Chef! in the coming term. I am happy for him. :D
End.

No comments: