Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Young Alfred

I found these pictures lurking in my camera storage. So yeah, why not, I'll share it with you guys.

After French lesson on Saturday, Stella and I took lunch at Young Alfred cafe inside Circular Quay library. Whenever we visit the library, we always felt compelled to eat at the cafe due to all the nice smells wafting about. So this time, Young Alfred, here we come!

It says bruschetta on the menu, so I naturally assumed it would be the standard version of tomato salsa on toast. This is something different. It has grilled capsicum on sourdough toast, topped with a small piece of white cheese (I don't know what kind of cheese this is. Mozzarella's maybe.) and basil and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I quite like it though I think the portion size is a little too petite.
Potato and leeks soup. Not exactly as hearty as it should be since they thinned it down by quite abit but very tasty nonetheless. Served with 2 pieces of sourdough toast. I ordered like the cheapest food on the menu to save cost. Sigh... What is the point of coming to a nice cafe and eat something mundane? So normal that you can almost make it yourself....... Well, at least bruchetta was unexpectedly exciting. :D
End.

No comments: