Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Little Snail

My first French cuisine in 5 months, and I get to eat it for free! I am delighted ofcourse, and very grateful. :D

Thursday afternoon, Stella and I have a date with Joanne at The Little Snail at Pyrmont, Sydney. Her birthday, her treat. All we have to do is to bring the cake, which is the lovely Opera gateau. Stella and I originally wanted to pay for the meal as a joined birthday treat to Joanne but Joanne insisted that it is her treat so as to thank us for accommodating her at our place. Taiwanese can be very persuasive when they want to. Owells, I gladly accept the offer. :D

The Little Snail, chosen Joanne, recommended by her current host. Which, was very well chosen and recommended. For $32 we get top service and a fantastic 3 course meal that makes it unbelievable that it is only $32. Plus it is fine-dining!
See the contrast between the 2 drinks? See how is one more edible-looking than the other? Lesson learnt here is do not order anything with blue curacao in it. It taste like cough syrup with alcohol.
Cheers!
Entré: A dozen of escargot, done the way most like it. Paté with garlic bread. Smoked salmon with ricotta.


Main: Slow roasted lamb on ratatouille and mash. Cordon bleu chicken and baked potato. Veal in some sort of sauce.


Dessert: Créme caramel. Sticky date pudding.

The Opera gateau, prettied up by the wait staff (with no prompting at my side!). The not-so-nice piping is done by me though, haha.
Happy birthday to Joanne!
Whoo!
Thank you, Joanne, once again for the treat!
End.

No comments: