Friday, February 19, 2010

My Longest Bus Ride Ever




I did not go to school today. As to why I did not attend lessons today, I have to explain events from yesterday. You see, Thursday, yesterday, I went over to E's house early afternoon to make her examination cake with her. A vanilla bavarois frozen-style. After that was completed, we took off to Adriano Zumbo for lunch, where we ate open sandwiches and pastries. We came home after to taste the bavarois. It was beautiful. Then we decided that we were too full for dinner. So I went to bed without dinner. The next morning, I woke to a very hungry stomach. My breakfast staple for the past week was fruits with yogurt. Therefore, as per normal, I prepared a huge bowl of ice-cold fruits with three large soup spoon of yogurt. And I went off to school.

On the bus, the moment I got on the bus, my stomach felt terrible. I need the toilet. Badly. The bus ride took about 20mins. It was the longest twenty minutes in the entire of my short life (I'm twenty-one this year). As the bus inch ever so slowly towards the school, my resolve to at least hang on till I reach the school erodes. At one point, I even thought I would not make it to the school, and I would die of embarrassment by doing it on the bus. ._. Thankfully, I did make it to school. I rushed to the toilet to do whatever was needed to relieve the pain in my stomach. Then I went home; to recover from my trauma. haha. Any excuse to skip school. The lesson I learnt: cold food and really empty stomach don't mix. I still feel uncomfortable now...

No comments: