Friday, November 7, 2008

Another failed blood donation

Morning 11:30am, I spent half an hour tying my hair into 2 french plaits but I was fifteen minutes early since Kimmy came 1/2 an hour late. We, more accurately I, are going to do a super good deed. We are going to give our precious blood to someone in need.

We arrived at the blood donation venue after lunch (according to 3 times donor Kimmy, we have to go on a full stomach, and we got to have lots of sugar flowing in our blood, so she bought the super sweet bubbletea for the extra boost. But according to the failed Biology student, me, a full stomach is more than sufficient, I don't want to be mistaken to be diabetic) to a full house event. The wait was 1 and 1/2 hours. No thank you, I will come the next day. So off we went to the city~

Christmas is coming! We found a 3 storey high Christmas tree inside of QVB. Nowhere as extravagant as Singapore but very christmassy all the same. We've only manages to fit the tree trunk with our faces.

So Kimmy and I met up with Stella in the city and went for another round of eating in Chat Thai, this popular Thai restaurant in the city. Banana fritters and cendol! If I swap the current banana diet rage for banana fritters and cendol every morning, I bet I will go in the other direction with a very possible diabetic condition.
After the erm.. tea break, we went for a fruit gathering at paddy's market where $2 pineapples and hoards of bananas are. Stella and I swept 10 bananas, 6 golden kiwis, a bunch of grapes and a $2 pineapple with us. Hooray.

In the space of time we had before dinner:

We competed for the lamest facial expression.



And guys, I hate to break this to you, I grew fatttttttt. haha! I have no idea why I feel so happy about it but the thought of being able to tell people that I have grown in mass makes me very happy. :D Time to loose some weight girl.

Dinner. Gule rice at Joy cafe (Indonesian cafe) is super yummy! Fatty mutton is stewed in a curry like soup until soft and is served with a dash of lime on the top. The thing with the weight can wait.

End.

No comments: