Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tonton by Azuma

I found another good ramen stall! Tonton by Azuma. Stella and I found it by chance while walking home from mamak. So we decided to lunch here after French class. J'ai tres faim!

Our appetiser, haha. Roast pork inside-out sushi. $4. It's good! I like the generous spicey powder on the top and pork filling, well seasoned! They also have that Japanese soda where you have to push the marble down into the bottle to drink it. Reminds me of my kuku veggies days where we'd definitely go crazy over this stuff.

Tonton ramem, Tonton's special, $9.90. It has got a thick broth with sesame overtones and a small gathering of chilli oil. Generous givings of wakame and spring onion as well. :D This reminds me of the pork ramen I had in Hokkaido. ahhh... the char siew is not as good though, far from it. Still, I will come back for the soup.

Stella ordered sukiyaki udon, $8.80. Similar to Makoto, though Stella prefers Makoto's sukiyaki udon. I had a taste of it. I do think it is quite good.

End.

No comments: