Thursday, November 27, 2008

Superior assessment

Hohoho, exam's over! And I passed!

Nah~ my finished cake. I took a picture of it only after Chef tried it. Therefore, the cut there. Nevertheless, you can still see the design. I cut the leaf design out of cardboard myself with the tomato knife. (To my secondary school art teacher: My papercutting skills improved!) It is not as defined as I liked it to be though. :(

"Happy Birthday" was piped in pistachio, chocolate jelly.

My classmates' gateaux!



The second assessment was the chocolate box. Each of us has to make a box entirely out of chocolate complete with 12 dipped marzipan petits fours.

Originally, I had this idea of making a sitting ballerina out of modeling chocolate and stick piped butterfly wings onto her back. It will be placed on top of the box as a centerpiece. (it will be so beautiful...) Sadly, I don't have the skill for it. First thing Chef said when he saw the humanoid shape thing that I've made was: I wouldn't make a woman like this. End of story. I changed my design. I made this ribbon instead. Very plain, very simple, because my time ran out.
My classmates' designs. All so beautiful!



Exam's over~ Home in 2 weeks!

End.

No comments: