Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nazimi

I have officially started to exercise. Woke up at 8 in the morning to run round the neighbourhood. Though I am skeptical about those horror stories of LCB students turning into vast lipid containers when they graduate, I do make it a policy to be safe than sorry. So run Heidi run!

How hard is it to pay your school fees? I never thought about it until today. It is annoyingly difficult to pay our school fees. Le Cordon Bleu accepts four kinds of payments, Travelex the preferred form of payment, credit card with a 3% surcharge, direct debit or cheques. It does seem very convenient to pay right? Well, it should be, but it is not. First I tried Travelex. It turned out to be only compatible with foreign currency. Credit card payment is definitely out of the question with its 3% surcharge. So I went to the bank to get a direct debit transfer. When I finally got to the counter, they lady told me that a direct debit to a different bank costs $28 and I have to go to the customer service department to get the transfer slip before coming back to her to get it finalise. The bank was packed with people. Cheque was out of the question too since I have to return to school to submit the cheque (it costs $5 plus for one!) on the same day to avoid the fee increase. Conclusion: I never did get to pay my school fees today, therefore I will be required to pay a higher fee as there will be a fee increase after the 15th. A fruitless morning.

After the whole bank business, Stella and I went to Kitchenware House at Albion Street to get some of our kitchen supplies. After which, we got back to Elizabeth Street (opp. Central station) to grab some lunch at this cafe.
I had orange poppy muffin. $2.50. My muffin craving was so strong that I thought I was pregnant. haha.
A mocha to go with it. $3.50. Mocha was good, not too sweet.
Stella had this home-made chicken mushroom pie with salad. $7.90. Underneath the short pastry is actually a gooey chicken, mushroom soup. Looks like dog food to me though. heehee.

We then walked to Queen Victoria Building, which on the way I bought some TCM (my body is burning inside), to continue our hunt for kitchen supplies. SALE= big buy= happy Heidi. :D


QVB's exterior and interior.

Sights along George Street.


Kinokuniya for the next two hours. I love books, especially cookbooks. My most recent cookbook acquisition: Professional Baking by Gisslen, at a whopping $89. It's a must-buy since it is a recommended reading by LCB. Big hole in the pocket. Dinner at Nazimi restaurant, which is advertised on Ja's blog. I decided to check it out. It is not bad really, similar to our Sushi Tei in Singapore without the conveyor belt. Located on York Street, opposite QVB. 141 York Street. Easy to find with its big signboard and pretty lights.
Like I said, Nazimi is not bad. It is one of the more authentic Japanese restaurants I have tried in Sydney (not that I have tried many). It even has Japanese waitress. Green tea, $2 refillable.
Volcano Rolls, on Ja's recommendation too. I agree with Ja on her critique of this dish. The fusion of thai sweet chilli to maki sushi although is not unpleasant, it does bring about some sort of strangeness to the tongue palette. They could have used their own tonkatsu sauce if they want to recreate the lava-flow of the volcanoes on the sushi. The mashed avocado and salmon on top of the maki sushi, on the other hand, is a great idea. $15.
Dragon roll, Stella's choice. It is not unlike Sushi Tei's own Dragon roll. I would appreciate more if they could use less rice in the maki. $14.50.
Wafuu steak, on Stella's insistence. I was almighty full after the two maki, so I can't really taste the steak. Well, it is juicy and tender. Well seasoned too. Yeah, it's good. $16.50 if i am not wrong.

End.

2 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

hehe...we both have same opinion about Volcano rolls...i would prefer if they put some wasabi mayonaise dressing or some mayonaise things...

The cafe where u had muffin looks good..where is it? i think i gonna go there...:D

Heidi said...

It's just opposite central station, along elizabeth street. It's on the ground floor of the the building after commonwealth bank. It is not bad, not fantastic though. They serve it with butter. I quite like the cafe, since it's open air and all. Lots of birds too. haha