Friday, May 30, 2008

Potluck

Yippee! Friday is going to be an exciting day. My brother is arriving in the morning from Singapore, and there is going to be a potluck party over at my place in the evening. Happening, happening. happening.

This is my brother! I figured that I should wait for him to come and buy his airbed himself. I am not going to buy it early and carry it all the way home for him. Plus he can help carry all the beers that we're going to buy while he's here. So, the first errand on his list when he land in Sydney: buy his bed. :P

We ate at Strudel Baron at Drummoyne. Pastries there are fantastic. From left: cafe latte, lime creme brulee, fried eggs with bacon and toast, and scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. It cost a bomb too. $30.

Got home after a whole lot of shopping. We started preparing for the party. haha!

Let's get this party started!

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. I must have a dozen thousands of words here right now. Amazing what alcohol can induce.

Yup, and alcohol turn girls into supermodels. They were posing, cam-whoring all the time. I have plenty of "I-am-so-beautiful-so-please-come-take-my-picture" photos of them in my camera.

I don't think Sam is drunk (he didn't drink much anyway) but he went on a kissing binge and kissed almost every male in the room. The only one to return his afection is Soek, who kissed him right back. On my god, they are gay...


Dae Song is drunk. He is so off that he did a rendition of Shakira-Hips don't lie. I just went O_O when I saw his performance.



Portraitures.
From left: Stella (the closet drama queen), my brother (erm.. act cool not cool).


From left: Me (I can't believe I am actually stoning in the middle of a party. Must be the alcohol. My tolerance for alcohol is moot -_-), Hong (our tai lou, an honorary term for big brother since he is the oldest) , Dae Song (a surprisingly good korean cook).


From left: Soek (he brought the most food, haha, and he stayed to clean up with us. Thaank yoouu!) , Sam (came the earliest) and Nicole (my fellow Singaporean), Cynthia (came last, went home last).

Cynthia made cassava, a brazilian dish not unlike potato gratin with beef. Nice..
Lots of alcohol. 6 pack Victoria Bitter, 6 pack Toohey's, 6 pack Bunderberg rum with cola and 2 Smirenoff lime. haha. We also made a cocktail out of leftover rose, pineapple and orange juice with ginger ale.
Food! Okay, let's account for who cooked what. In chronological order: Sam made chicken sate (baked it in my oven), Claire made rice cake in chilli sauce (in my kitchen too), Dae Song made stir-fried pork in chilli sauce (using my pan as well). Soek came next and he brought huuge packets of korean crackers, korean stir fried noodle, chilli paste crab and cinnamon drink. Like woowww. Followed by Kimmy who made fried wonton and Indonesian crackers, Nicole who brought fried rice and Hong who specially made ngoh hiang (my favourite Singaporen food!). After a long long while, Cynthia arrived with her cassava (baked in my oven too). Everything was so so good. Not a single untouched food tonight. But lots of leftovers too. They really can cook.
I was made to wear shades and do a sexy pose with it. O.O I just can't okay. I am not the sexy kind. -_-
Farewell.

End.

1 comment:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

sooooooooo nice ! I missed it T_T