Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Paris Brest

Paris Brest is a pastry that is traditionally made from choux pastry and is filled with praline mousseline and decorated with silvers almonds.

Well, that pretty much describes this round lovely pastry. Some background infomation regarding this pastry. It is created in France to commemorate two independent bicycle tours, randonee and audax, which is a race from Paris to Brest and from Brest back to Paris. Hence the pastry name Paris Brest.

Wednesday lessons are particularly easy. I don't know if it is the chef? Or the fact that it is our third practice day on the same product? Maybe it is both. I always feel better and much more confident on Wednesdays. Needless to say, my Paris Brests turned out fine. :D



Chef Michael's Paris Brest. He piped an additional layer of fresh cream on the top of praline mousseline that made it real delish. I didn't get to eat much of the Paris Brest he made though. (even though there was quite alot!) Not even one whole slice of it. (One Paris Brest was divided into 8 slices.) My classmates are pretty ravenous this morning. It was like 12 super kiasu aunties fighting for the great Singapore sale. So yeah, for revenge, I ate two whole Paris Brests that I made. Nearly vomited the whole thing back out. urghh..
One of the two Paris Brest I swallowed.
Takeaway.

End.

No comments: