Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Light fruit cake, Marble cake, Piped Sables 06.05.2008

I am finally blogging up to date! haha! My second failure today: piped sables (viennese biscuits). I over-creamed the butter and sugar mixture causing the piped batter to melt in the oven. As a result, I've got flat biscuits. Taste great though. :D


Chef Karin piping the sables out. She's piped rosettes, horse-shoes, Ws, Ss, traditional swedish style sables. I can't even manage a decent rosette. -_-
Sandwiched horse-shoe with apricot jam, dipped in chocolate. By Chef Karin.
Light fruit cake decorated with icing sugar, glace cherries and angelica. Eew, i don't like glace cherries and angelica. They don't taste natural, and i seriously don't know anyone who actually likes them. By Chef Karin.
Marble cake with ganache. Ganache here is made from dark chocolate. Le Cordon Bleu really provides us with top quality ingredients. We only use couverture for chocolates. Compound is a big no-no. One slice gives you one minute of heaven and 500 calories. (haha, just joking. the heaven part is true though.) By Chef Karin.
Aah, my flat sables. haha. Taste more like cake then biscuits cause it's softer and all. I like them.



Dinner, my turn to make! I made grillled yuan styled salmon, tamago, pickled carrots with rice. Real yumm. I should grow more muscles really. All the whisking and mixing is tiring. Or maybe i should train myself to be ambidextrous. Either way, I 've got to work something out. Whisking the same batter five times is no fun.
End.

1 comment:

Li said...

hi Heidi,
i was looking for pictures of piped viennese sables when i came upon your blog.
i too graduated from LCB, Sydney (2006). i had the best time there and it looks as though you are too!
happy baking!