Friday, May 16, 2008

Nilagang Mongo't Baboy (Pork with green bean soup)


I requested Stella to make this soup again for dinner. I simply love it! And here's the recipe for it.

Nilagang Mongo't Baboy

Green (Mung) Beans: 1 cup/ depending how much of a green bean lover you are.
Yellow Onion (chopped): 1/2
Pork ribs (cut to bite size): 250g
Garlic (crushed): 1/2 clove
Horseradish Leaves (Malunggay): a handful
Salt: to taste


1. Soak the green beans overnight for it to sprout a little. (we want to get as much nutrients as possible don't we? :D)
2. Saute the pork ribs on medium-high heat to seal the juices.
3. Add water to cover the meat completely and bring to boil.
4. Once the water has started to boil, add green beans, onion and garlic.
5. Continue to boil until the green beans have soften and the soup has thickened.
6. Add horseradish leaves to the soup and correct with salt.

Serves 2. Slop the soup with beans and all over a bowl of rice. Traditional Philippino eat this with a mug of cold beer. Bon appetite!



My mum requested me to post whatever kitchen supplies I had bought. So here it is. Mini tongs for $3 each.
And a scraper, decorating cutter, multi-purpose scissors, mini sieve, spatula, big whisk and a cooling rack. I am waiting for my Kitchenaid!

I bought this cute little lunchbox today at $4. haha.
I went and got myself a piano today. haha. Stumbled upon this little shop near my school that sells piano. I rented mine at $550 for a year, including delivery. :D

End.

1 comment:

Louie said...

Hi Heidi, it looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe, I will give this a try soon!