Sunday, May 25, 2008

North Sydney

Yesterday, a great many things happened. A great many painful yet delightful things happened.

Stella and I were invited to dinner at Roneel and Naomi's (our very lovely ex-neighbours) new apartment. And as you all know, I can't chew very well. Correction. I can't chew at all. To the end of Friday night, I was more of swallowing than chewing. It was my saddest night ever. The original pot luck plan with the whole class was scraped. I was left to eat broccoli porridge that night. (I caught a cold too. I am pathetic.) Stella was kind enough to make (and eat!) with me porridge so soft that I can easily swallow without chewing. Eew, but thank you.

Therefore, I am determined to at least turn up for dinner the following night. I was practically growing mold at home. I made up my mind to -die die also must- visit the dentist. And, I did it. Saturday morning, I went dentist hunting. The first dentist I found was closed for some seminar meeting. The second dentist I found said they had their last patient already. But I was desperate, see. I begged the receptionist to give squeeze me in. Kind woman. She did and I got my appointment. Hooray!

Not so hooray is the dentist informed me that all 4 of my wisdom tooth are bloody sprouting at the same time. And 1 got infected by some food particles (i didn't brush my teeth?! heehee, yeah, i don't sometimes when i feel too lazy) which caused it to swell like nobody's business. The solution? The dentist gave my 3 options: lance it, slice it or cut it. haha, what a joke.They all mean the same thing don't they.

Dentist: I am going to lance it. Don't worry, you won't feel much pain since you are already in so much pain. And my knife is very sharp. Don't worry.

Is that supposed to sound comforting?

In the end, the dentist did slice into my gum to let the blood and pus bleed out. And I am to keep rinsing my mouth with the not-so-good-tasting listerine every 2-3 hours. Well, at least I get to have a decent dinner now.

After dentist, I traveled down to North Sydney to meet Naomi and Stella. Off to Lavender bay we go! North Sydney is a beautiful place.


See the bridge there? You can walk on top of it for around $150. Good thrill huh? Plus the view you get, priceless.
Ofcourse, we can't leave without pasting our faces with views even if it means completely blocking them. haha.
Naomi and I. There's an small engagement party going on behind us.
Stella and Naomi.
Sight-seeing wrapped up, Naomi brought us to Aldi- the super good value store- to do our household material and grocery shopping. We bought tons! at a mere $40+. I was sooo happy!

Roneel with Naomi in their American style kitchen. A small and cozy little corner. :D
Cabernet merlot.
Roneel was the chef for tonight. He whipped up a 3 course meal which includes: Stir-fried spaghetti!
Veggie soup with little franks.
And a simple eggy green salad to go along.
I am having a hard time to chew past all these food but I managed. :D

My paparazzi moment!

We went for a walk after dinner. The night views they have over there are fantastic. I didn't take any pictures though because of my stupid high iso function which I have no control over. Came back for dessert: Bavarian Gateau and home-made green tea ice-cream. Went home at 11.40pm with two boxes of homeware. (Naomi gave them to us. thank you!) :D

End.

1 comment:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Wow......such a nice weekend...u got really lovely neighbour too...

Anyway, I also had a nice weekend also ^ ^